My handsome husband and I are potato people.
I guess you could even call us Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head.
We like the flavor, texture, versatility, and fills-me-up goodness… but perhaps most of all, I love that they are budget friendly.
Among the many things I have learned on my journey to becoming a real foodie, one of the most important things is how to eat well and save money with a creative meal plan.
This creativity often includes some fun brinners (breakfast for dinners), an out-of-the-box salad, and lately, some form of potato. My husband’s favorite are some Yukon Golds mashed with a bit of fresh cream and real, pastured butter. I won’t lie – they are pretty heavenly.
However, my favorite is any form of sweet potato. From “loaded” with butter, a touch of maple syrup and some homemade marshmallows (tutorial here), to luscious sweet potato hash, to sweet and spicy sweet potato wedges alongside a yummy burger… these rich-colored lovelies top the list of my favorite side items.
So, when I was searching for an inexpensive, but delicious pair for my seared thai curry salmon with wilted rainbow chard, I knew sweet potatoes would fit the bill.
Seasoned with a bit of yellow curry powder, sea salt, and cracked black pepper and then roasted to perfection, these curried sweet potatoes will rock your world (especially considering there is only about 10 minutes of active prep time).
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash sweet potatoes and chop into bite sized cubes (you can leave the skin on).
- Spread out the cubed sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle curry powder, salt and pepper evenly over the potatoes.
- Use tongs to toss potatoes until evenly coated with spices and oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork tender and the outside edges are slightly crisp.